Nearest, immediately to the south-west of the south aisle, is what must have been a large barn, possibly the tithe barn. Now, it is gone, probably demolished between 1773 and 1794 during which period a new driveway from the mansion to Church Street was created, using the gates on sees today repositioned from closer to the house. Evidence of the barn’s existence is suggested by quoin stones set in the wall to the rear of the war memorial.
Close to it, and just to the west, the map shows another large building straddling the river. This was West Mill; the area also contained tan-yards and is identified as No. 5, and was in the tenancy of a Mr Richard Andrews.
Those two buildings, and the other two others in the same field to the west of the church, all clustering together, suggest very strongly that they could well have been part of the former religious house.
Immediately to the north-east of the church is the former rectory, later vicarage. This was also supposed to be a remnant of the priory. It survived until about 1881, gradually being enlarged to cope with Fulwar Fowle’s increasing requirements and family.
Interestingly, the vicarage is not shown on the 1824 map. Neither are any of the buildings noted above. Within a century, all traces of the former priory seem to have vanished.
On the 1726 map, there are several buildings shown close to the church that could have been the remains of the priory, perhaps even containing remnants of the abbey.